Monday, January 28, 2013

...+38...


On Sunday...everyone slept in...especially me...and the boys were on their own for breakfast.

Sanford had the Science Olympiad kids working in the garage again and I got a wild hair to cook...I must have been experiencing a little withdrawal since Sundays are usually BiG breakfast days...





First I made ravioli...I made them just cutting out circles and then I tried the KitchenAid ravioli attachment...man was that a nightmare!  I need to watch a few YouTube videos before I try that again...or just wait until my pasta class at the end of the month...

I only made half a batch of the ricotta/spinach filling and had pasta left.  The KitchenAid attachment came with a recipe for pumpkin ravioli which sounded like something that Connor would like.  I had all the ingredients and decided...Why not?? :)

That was when the real FuN started and I made a ridiculous MeSS with the Ravioli maker attachment...

There may have been a full blown foot-stomping, dish towel-throwing,  swear word laden fit here...

But since everyone was outside...I don't actually have to own up to it...

I threw away the mangled pasta and still had a full batch of the pumpkin filling...so I made some more pasta sheets and a batch of bechamel.  I made pumpkin lasagna instead...I knew Connor would eat it and I'd made enough ravioli for Sanford to have those...because I certainly didn't envision him eating pumpkin lasagna...




I just made an 8x8 pan since I knew it was just Connor and I... we both cleaned our plates.  It needed a little more liquid...it was a little dry, but the taste combo was definitely a keeper!  It's worth a second try since it got TWO thumbs up from the boy...which is unheard of for food that isn't chocolate or covered in whipped cream!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment