Wednesday, January 9, 2013

...+19...

I know it's purely Southern California whining...but it's been COLD lately...

Especially at night...there have been frost warnings all week.

I'm sure to people who live in Minnesota, 32 degrees is shorts and tank top weather...but I have thin native San Diegan blood...(read as...I'm a WIMP)

So, I made Potato Cheese soup for dinner to try to warm up :)


The boys were home late because of Science Olympiad practice, so dinner was ready when they got home...



...complete with bacon for them to sprinkle on top....



...and Connor's favorite...crescent rolls...

It was not a hit.  Sanford is still sick and has next to no appetite and Connor hates potatoes.  He usually tolerates this soup pretty well since he can cover it in bacon...but he wasn't feeling it today.  

It was definitely one of those meals that left me wondering WHY I cooked...

The two ~gourmets~ that I live with would have been just as happy or even happier with a grilled cheese sandwich and a can of Cambell's...especially if the sandwich was made with imitation processed cheese food slices...sigh...are taste buds genetic?!?!?! Because Connor definitely has Sanford's !!


Tuesday night is Boy Scout Meeting night...


There was a Committee meeting tonight so I was in a different room, but I snuck over to get a picture.  The first time I went over, the boys were all running wild and as amusing as it was, I couldn't get a picture because everyone was going so fast all the pics would have been out of focus.  It cracks me up how the older boys at first just tolerate the younger ones and then they get sucked into the goofy games and antics too :)

I love that Connor is in Scouts.  All of the boys and parents in the Troop are incredibly nice and helpful.  He has minimal interest in advancing or earning Merit Badges, but he loves hanging out and going camping.  He always comes home from a camp out tired, filthy, and happy...all the things an 11 year old boy should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment