Wednesday, January 23, 2013

...+33...



...sigh...


They finally got me...the nasty cold cooties that have been going around.  I'm not sure if it was Sanford's lingering  germies or the dripping crud the daycare kiddos all have...but I can't breathe and I feel like someone beat me with a stick...


I sent Sanford out to take Tuesday's pictures because I just wanted to go to bed...He snapped a few construction shots...a sample Boomilever in progress...


...balsa wood, gorilla glue, and lots of clothespins and patience...



His new design worked really well so the kids are going to tweak it a bit and make their own this weekend...I guess they are all coming over to our garage to assemble Boomilevers...I'm not sure what appropriate
Boomilever-er snacks are...marshmallows and pretzel sticks? :)

Connor's first Middle School Orchestra concert is Wednesday night...of course he waited until the night before to tell me he needs a white shirt...so I went out to Kohl's and spread my nasty cooties around while purchasing a new shirt... of course the shirt was 1/2 off the day before...but full price on Tuesday....again...sigh...

Who knew that having to rely on a Middle Schooler for information was going to be SooOOoOoOOOoo stressful?!?!?!?  It's either pulling teeth to get the smallest bit of useful facts or a torrential downpour of insignificant hoopla...I had no idea what he was supposed to wear to the concert until the night before...despite asking every day of the previous week, but I can tell you all about the broken pool cue in the game room and how you go about getting to play a round of pool...Homework, test dates, book reports due dates??? Those all have to be looked up on Learning Point to get anything right...but Instagram jokes and Minecraft factoids stream constantly...I guess I should be glad he still wants to talk to us at all...I know the day is coming where even saying two words to us will be physically painful to him :)

Ahhh....the joys of parenting...good thing he's so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment