Friday, January 4, 2013

...+14...

...two week of successful blogging...Woo-Hoo!!  so far the picture taking resolution is going pretty well...I've started putting the point and shoot in my purse any time we leave the house :)

I made eggnog pancakes for breakfast this morning...



I just used eggnog for most of the liquid and the usual bubbly water for the rest...



All plated up and ready to EaT!!



Ok...is it wrong that I keep buying this syrup just because it's always happy to see me?!?! :)  which is more than I can say for the boys on school mornings...




Of course, this face is cuter...and he's  happy to see me when I make pancakes...or waffles...or french toast...the boy LoVES  syrup-covered breakfast food!


Connor went to the beach today with some friends...

They didn't go in the ocean but had a great time playing in the dirt...guess at 11 dirt is still an attraction for boys :)




The BOY SCOUT Blast Car derby was tonight.  Sanford was in charge so it was held in the Mt Carmel gym.


It's very ExCiTinG!!  

The cars were rocketing down the fishing line they were hooked onto to keep them straight.  It was AweSoMe and the boys all had a BLasT...{pun intended :) }


There were 11 cars racing.  Connor's car was pretty speedy...he came in 4th...not bad considering he said he just wanted to have fun and didn't need to win.  His car was completely competitive...the heats he lost were close.



The cars had eyelets on the bottom that threaded onto fishing line which was  run from the starting line to the finish.  The boys each loaded their own cars and took turns pressing the button that punctured the CO2 canisters. 

It was a fun night...no stress...potluck dinner...smiling boys...the only downer was that Sanford still isn't feeling well...but he was awake for 9 hours straight today which is a new personal best for him on this break! :)  I'm sure he'll be completely better just in time to go back to work on Monday...






No comments:

Post a Comment