Thursday, April 18, 2013

...+111...

Wednesday night I took an Introduction to bread making class through the Poway Adult school.  It was taught by the same person who taught the pasta classes...so I knew I was going to bring home something delicious! :)

In class we made and baked a foccacia...it was crazy good!  We also mad the dough for rosemary bread...but that needed to sit for a day or two.  I was feeling all baker-y so I looked online and found a recipe for Hawaiian Sweet Bread.

It seemed easy enough...except that I had to boil and mash potatoes for it...but I was feeling all Sally Homemaker, so why not?!?!?





The dough looked great in the mixer...but I might have added the flour straight from the freezer and bad things happened....it didn't rise the way it was supposed to.  ;(

I still fed it while it was still warn to a few people and it was really tasty...but once it cooled, it turned into a hockey puck...sigh...IMpatience is NOT a virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment