Wednesday, April 3, 2013

...+102...


There are many things I love about baseball season.

I love that for us it's a family event...Sanford coaches and is at almost every practice and game...I'm there yelling and screaming...it's a sure fire way to see at least one grandpa every week...and usually it's both of them...I love how we all want to root for the boy :)

I love the other parents and the socializing.

I love parking my folding chair along the fence and just enjoying being outside in such a beautiful city.

I love that Connor loves us being there.

I love cheering for him and buying junk food from the snack bar....except that beef jerky he loves....sweet JesuS...that has got to be OuTLaWeD...ReaLLy!!!  GaG!!

I love how it is one of the few instances where the way I envisioned something is how it really is.  The whole little league experience is the way I always thought parenting would be...the entire family at the game, bonding, happy, it is so amazingly suburban and nearly timeless...




BUT...

...you knew that was coming right?!?!?!?!?




THIS...

was EMptY Tuesday morning...

I did NOT stage this picture...the sock was really hanging out of the basket like that and it looks like a Tide commercial...

~Can your detergent get out set in filth?
Grime?  
General middle-school gnarliness??~

I truly despise the caliber of scuzziness and quantity of dirty clothing produced by this sport.

...sigh...

I also hate when we have practice and games on week nights and have to juggle sports, dinner, chores, homework, and sometimes scouts all on the same night...while I am an ExCeLLenT multitasker...11 year old boys are NOT known for that skill...and this week we have back to back practice and game during the week...sigh...say a prayer I don't strangle anyone with their own DiSGuSTinG tube sock!!

Last night as we were struggling with homework and I was contemplating various ways to dispose of a body...I questioned the sanity of team sports during the school year.

Hence the big list of things I love about Little League...I'm psyching myself up to go tackle those socks!

Now I just need to find my hazmat suit....


No comments:

Post a Comment