Friday, February 8, 2013

...+48...



My mom is invited to the baby shower of a family friend and had the thoughtful idea of making cookies to bring...

...Cute, labor intensive, messy, time consuming, royal icing covered sugar cookies...  

She called me to ask about my cookie cutter stash and if I had something to use...I convinced her to go simple and just do heart shapes in the colors of the shower invite...here's the invite...



...just adorable right?!!?!...

She's really busy at work, and I'm having a slow week, so first I offered to make the frosting for her...which is a tedious, time consuming process...


four colors...and then a piping and a flood consistency for each color...



...did I mention it was messy?? 


Then I offered to just decorate the cookies because I honestly didn't see when she was going to have the time to do it...


I made some bigger ones...


...and a bunch of minis...somehow the pink zebra print ones were camera shy... I don't have any pictures of them 

So she's borrowing my black cake plate and taking these to the shower tomorrow...So she got her cookies decorated and set for presentation and I learned how to make pink leopard print in icing...which is obviously an important skill...I'll definitely have to tweak my resume to include that in a BOLD font :)



Here's a gratuitous shot of the boy studying for his Social Studies test...TWO chapters...and there's a Latin roots quiz in English Friday...Wednesday was the math test and Thursday was a science test...it's been a rough week for the poor guy!  

I let him eat the ugly cookie rejects as a snack when he got home to help cushion the stress of all the studying he's been doing :)  Ok...not aLL of the rejects...or he's have had a stomachache...there were a LOT of FugLy cookies this go round! YiKeS!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment